AMAT Metrology Support Engineer
Positions available in North America, Europe & Asia.
This position requires in-depth knowledge and experience on VeritySEM, SEMVision, and Inspection systems. The Customer Support Engineer will provide technical support via on site, phone, or email, to diagnose problems and make appropriate repairs for the equipment to [...]
This position requires in-depth knowledge and experience on VeritySEM, SEMVision, and Inspection systems. The Customer Support Engineer will provide technical support via on site, phone, or email, to diagnose problems and make appropriate repairs for the equipment to minimize production impact. The position requires the ability to solve complex problems under pressure and have a new perspective using existing solutions. The chosen individual will work independently with limited guidance and within broad guidelines and technical standards. They will act as a resource for colleagues with less experience, and use best-known practices with a clear understanding of the importance of internal and external business relationships to improve products or services.
- Will act as an intermediary, and field escalation focal point between the customer and Headquarters by providing technical support and documentation to field service engineers, technicians and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing, and debugging equipment.
- Will be a source of technical knowledge and support during development and/or testing of new upgrades for hardware, process, or software design in house, or on an engineering system.
- Will be responsible for all technical support-related aspects for a specific customer, e.g., escalations, system installations, improvement programs, and upgrades.
- Must be flexible, adaptable, possess a high sense of integrity, and must respect and enforce the confidential aspects of their work.
- Will work effectively with cross-functional teams and have excellent problem solving, communication, and organizational skills.
- The individual must have strong conceptual and practical knowledge of AMAT Metrology or MRI Systems, from installation maintenance/repair, to troubleshooting at both the assembly and system level.
- Have knowledge of best practices, understand how their own area integrates with other departments, and be aware of the competition and factors that differentiate them in the market.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise, and professional communication skills while interfacing with customers and peers.
- Understand the importance of developing strong customer relations, and demonstrate commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency, and professionalism.
- Have an excellent customer service skills foundation and an understanding of the importance of relationship building.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple projects and complete assignments with attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy while effectively meeting deadlines.
- Act as a resource for colleagues with less experience, potentially leading small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements.
- The individual must be able to solve complex problems in a timely manner and demonstrate flexibility in finding solutions.
- Show ability to take a new perspective on existing solutions and exercise judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- The individual will affect a range of customer, operational, project and service activities within their own team and other related teams, and work within broad guidelines and policies.
- Possess the ability to explain difficult or sensitive information and work to build a consensus.
- Have a proven ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with their manager, coworkers, and customer.
- Be able to learn and apply new information or skills and read/interpret data, information, and documents.
- Technical proficiency with AMAT Metrology Systems.
- Advanced level of technical knowledge of electronics in the semiconductor industry, with the ability to read and interpret complex electrical schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Experience using computer applications, word processing, and spreadsheets with strong computer skills on Apple and/or Microsoft platforms.
- A minimum of 6 years of semiconductor experience is preferred, with a minimum of four (4+) years experience specifically in AMAT metrology equipment.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience on AMAT metrology systems: VeritySEM, SEMVision and/or AMAT inspection systems.
- Knowledge of the Applied Materials CD-SEM VeritySEM product line.
- Knowledge of the Applied Materials DR-SEM SEMVision product line.
- Knowledge of the Applied Materials Inspection Compass or Complus product line